HQ: Fort Worth, TX
American Airlines and American Eagle offer an average of nearly 6,700 flights per day to nearly 350 destinations in more than 50 countries. American has hubs in Charlotte, Chicago, Dallas/Fort Worth, Los Angeles, Miami, New York, Philadelphia, Phoenix, and Washington, D.C. American is a founding member of the oneworld® alliance, whose members serve more than 1,000 destinations with about 14,250 daily flights to over 150 countries. In 2017, they reported income of $3.8 billion.
They focus their efforts in 3 main areas:
- Our heroes: Supporting U.S. military members and honoring their selfless sacrifice
- Our wellbeing: Improving the lives of people in need
- Our future: Meeting the needs of children through medical and educational assistance
American Airlines proudly supports nonprofit organizations that make a difference in the communities where our employees and customers live and work. They provide assistance to eligible 501(c)(3) nonprofit organizations that help children, communities and military service members.
- In-kind contributions: We donate AAdvantage® mileage certificates to nonprofit organizations.
- Volunteerism: Employees give their time with Do Crew, our community service program.
- Monetary donations: American provides limited support to nonprofit organizations.
Profile updated: Oct 2018